15 Steps To Paint An Oak Tree
There has never been a better time to learn how to paint. I have put together this detailed 15 step – by – step tutorial taking you through the full process of how I approach painting a tree using watercolour paints. The skill level will suit beginners and when you are finished you will have a lovely watercolour painting ready to be framed. Let’s get started!
What you need
- 1 sheet of Watercolour paper (A4 size)
- Watercolour paints – I recommend these colours but use whatever greens & browns that you have available (Olive / Sap Green, Green, Sepia, Umber, Burnt Umber & Neutral Black)
- Paintbrushes (Ive used size 8 & size 6)
- Colour pencil – White
- Kitchen paper towel
- Fresh water
- Paint palette with deep wells
- Skill level : Beginners
- Time: Aprox 40 minutes (depending on drying time)
Painting, especially using watercolours takes a lot of practice so try not to worry too much about the outcome and enjoy the process. You can always start again. Enjoy painting and let me know how you get on.